Author Topic: What are you eating / What did you eat.  (Read 1847 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
Re: What are you eating / What did you eat.
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:45 PM »
Oh I've no pizza now. Shame, would have been nice this evening.

More just the complete vehement hatred for "You don't think the way you're supposed to".

Can't really say I'm surprised, I've avoided registering on reddit for years, didn't really want to be counted as one of their number.

I know everything about temperature danger zone, I just don't care. I imagine it's a lot like disregarding automated warnings in a scifi movie. "Never tell me the odds" type crap.

It's more just the pizza box fits in the oven way better than the fridge, and that pizza will be dead by daylight.
just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Human
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2019, 10:11:58 PM »
I have Chinese friends who are a good deal more lax about refrigerating food and they don't seem to suffer.  I think Americans have a real obsession with refrigeration.  There's plenty of food that doesn't really require it that comes with "refrigerate after opening," advisories.  I wonder if some of those are to keep the companies from getting sued.  We wrap slices of leftover pizza in aluminum foil and refrigerate them so we can pop them in the oven as needed.  The box gets discarded pretty much immediately as we don't have room for it.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Human
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2019, 10:46:21 PM »
I mean, the bacteria thing is true, and also annoying and infuriating. That we're under their rules, when we want to be the boss around here, thank you very much.

The "stop being a joker" moment in training was fairly striking. Our trainer mentioned that quite a few of our customers happen to be pregnant, just a regular hazard of the job.

Then he said that any one of us could kill either the mother or the baby, for being lax or lazy about food safety. He said it wasn't a hypothetical, it's happened.

Like, if I was serving the pizza to others? I probably wouldn't store it in the oven. Totally bad idea.

But me? I'll probably be alright.

I'll never wrap food in aluminum foil again. I'll use it as a cooking surface, I'll use it in baking, but wrapping food? No.

Honestly, I still feel like the training was for a much better job than I ended up in. That guy was fantastic. Like a "Nice" version of Alonzo in training day.

He once made me think that cleaning the grease traps was wearing a bunny suit ala MOPP gear.

In reality, it's like a ghostbuster trap under the fry pit. you just open a hole on the bottom and it drains. He told me it was a container under a manhole and that I would be the one who had to go down there.

And he made me believe it!
just one little time change so a draft board in 1968 turns down the bribe to accept "bone spurs" and we are home-free.