Author Topic: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜  (Read 331744 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Last Person to Speak Wins! 最后发言者获胜
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2020, 10:44:43 AM »
There may be nice parts of Indiana, but I've never been to them.  So IL is a step up, I suspect.  Did your mom pass away?  You mentioned court documents and the house so I was wondering if something sad had happened.

I'm glad you are happy with the move and hope you can continue to stay safe.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2020, 10:57:45 AM »
Did your mom pass away?

I do not believe so as, in a message she sent me last night, she mentions herself, her mother and her children all having to move.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2020, 01:40:52 PM »
I thought she mentioned that her stepfather had cancer, so maybe it was related to that.  I hope she ends up in a better place.  Rural IL can be beautiful.  There are lots of charming small towns, and Chicago is pretty entertaining, although it's gotten more expensive in recent years.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2020, 12:12:50 AM »
Mom's alright Six.  She just didnt make a will out with dad, they didnt know how estates work, thinking everything would go to mom automatically, no.  It's a nightmare now, and my stepsister, my stepdads stepdaughter, has now assumed a large amount of the estate as a descendant. We'll be glad when its sold and the madam has half the money, as long as we dont have to see her again and shes the one that lives with herself.
Besides, it's like you said, there are no good places here, I'll be glad to leave.  I wish I could have the same enthusiasm about illinois as you do six, all I remember are bars and bricks. I'll miss the trees, the valleys and hills.
I can hang though, as I've said before, just damn lonely as a parent alone, uggh, now I sound like a bad facebook post, goodstuff I dont partake but of specific fb shite.
I hope you all are feelin good.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2020, 06:48:58 AM »
Well, that sucks.  I'm sorry to hear of the problems that the estate laws have imposed on you.  My time in IL was spent either in college, doing research, or teaching, so I was in good places while there.  I didn't have to support small children, so I can totally get why it's less appealing.  Where are you ending up there?  In the south?  I'd expect certain parts are a little less charming.

I have a friend who lives near Peoria, not exactly the garden spot of America, but the surrounding countryside is pretty, although there's sure a lot of cornfields.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2020, 08:46:05 PM »
Cornfields indeed, but I'm used to that. 
I never went to the bars in Wilmington, I just remember there is a bar on every corner, filled with less than undesirables.
I'll be in Marsailles, near Ottowa, it is slightly secluded and I'll only be there till Spring, is the hope.  Then its either back down here with legs to stand on or up to Wisconsin with my mother. Gordon, to be specific there. 
Alls well that ends well, and I've had a time dealing with this house since my father died and my mother hasn't wanted to be here.  My children are now 11 and 13 : )  they grow up so fast, I barely seen it happen, but I remember one day wondering where those babies went :P <3 I'm so proud of them. 
I hope this find you well Six.
Goodluck everyone, another day.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2020, 07:04:27 PM »
I've been through Ottawa a thousand years ago, but not much lately.  There are some charming little towns in IL, but I don't know that I'd be happy living there.  I also lived in WI for a while, Madison, but have been around various parts of the state.  Still, Gordon is pretty far up there.  Maybe not so far from MN?  I expect it gets pretty cold there in the winter.

I know what you mean about kids growing up quickly.  It still amazes me how the children of my college friends are now in college themselves.  It makes me feel old.  I hope you find a place where the kids can find a good school system and you can find steady, decent employment so you can be happy and live a stable life.  I wish I could write something more entertaining but I've been traveling so am sleep deprived and sort of stupid.  You take good care.  I'll check in again in a few days.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »
I need like a dental suction attachment for my shop vac, I need to clean between ram sticks, but the reviews on the really small handheld vacs seem to be a universal "They're poo".

I don't know if I've lost the ability to websearch, but attempting to look for such things on frys returns only roombas and screen cleaning cloths.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #263 on: August 18, 2020, 08:40:51 PM »
Thank you six.  What you say means more to me than entertainment anyway.  I really appreciate the support.  So far so good. I'll have a steady job in about a week.  For now I am doing seasonal firewood.  The family is managing. That's all that matters. 
I'm not worried too much for the school system on account that I've homeschooled before and that seems to be the general idea this year anyhow.  I'm still looking for a right school for autism in the area.  Need a better mode of transportation and I'm working on that.
Much love, its time to sleep.  I've been in illinois for about two weeks.  Just drove back to Indiana yesterday to finish cleaning the place.  Uggh. Back breaking, and eventually have to pay for cleaning services anyway.  Geesh.
Goodnight y'all. <3
8ully. I cant seem to look up a damn thing to buy or anything on google anymore.. you know what it reminds me of, that jank ass aol
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 08:45:08 PM by Beatrix »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2020, 08:24:10 PM »
Sorry for the cumbersome work of house cleaning.  I get it as I'm clearing out areas to be treated for insects now and it's hot, so not much fun.

Hopefully, your town will be exempt from tornados and extreme storms this summer.   I hope the new job and the schools will be all you want.  I know you have done some online courses yourself so I expect you are an old pro at this.  Pretty soon, I'll be taking another one online.  As that's mostly what's on offer these days.  It will be a real relief when they can beat this COVID thing. 

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2020, 09:00:14 AM »
Ottawa isn't bad.  The land is nicer here than where I originated in illinois when i was young.
Also working kayak in two different place has been really cool. Mixed with the firewood, in getting things paid for. 
I was thinking I will start working for ace hardware, I'll keep you updated. 
People are fun, just like the skiing place they really like me, and here I get tips :)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #266 on: September 22, 2020, 09:38:23 AM »
I took the dog out, saw a homeless dude, he looked dead as golly.

Went into CVS, reported it, then went and got my phone. Between A and B, homeless dude got robbed.

When I got back, he was up and moving, and said he got his stuff stolen.

Who the golly rips off a homeless dude?!

They never found my car. golly dollar tree. I wish they'd golly off into the sun. They brought crime here.

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #267 on: September 22, 2020, 09:57:27 AM »
Ottawa isn't bad.  The land is nicer here than where I originated in illinois when i was young.
Also working kayak in two different place has been really cool. Mixed with the firewood, in getting things paid for. 
I was thinking I will start working for ace hardware, I'll keep you updated. 
People are fun, just like the skiing place they really like me, and here I get tips :)

Wow! so you're in canooda now. Sounds like a lot of fun

Online smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #268 on: September 22, 2020, 11:26:34 AM »
(There is an Ottawa in Illinois, d00d. US of A)

That just flippin' confusing then. Next thing you know they'll start using England's place names.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #269 on: September 22, 2020, 03:43:38 PM »
Did you know there's an Old York?!?!?
--dweez