Author Topic: Don't cook, or drink 'fill in the blank'! It's ghastly :p  (Read 17294 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: Don't cook, or drink 'fill in the blank'! It's ghastly :p
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »
All you vanilla lovers should know that artificial vanilla is made with beaver anus.

Enjoy your beaver anus ice cream, suckers!

That's mighty thrifty, using as much of the beaver as possible.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »
 :P
My mom used to tell me hotdogs have "earthobait" in them... Earthobait is made of worms she said. 

But, on the don't eat menu, Sesame Street came out with a cereal I wanted to try for the kids because it has extra iron.... yike, it tastes just like iron.  Gross.  Cool box though, words and learning and such, we saved the box but struggled for a month to get rid of the nasty cereal.

And on another note of liquor, did someone on the noid tell me that Wedding Cake Vodka was decent? : P yucky.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »
But, on the don't eat menu, Sesame Street came out with a cereal I wanted to try for the kids because it has extra iron.... yike, it tastes just like iron.  Gross.  Cool box though, words and learning and such, we saved the box but struggled for a month to get rid of the nasty cereal.

Dang, can't find the old SNL commercial this reminds me of.  It was a parody of the old "Smuckers" commercial and I remember the line "With a name like Painful Rectal Itch....It has to be good!"
--dweez

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 04:54:39 AM »
It was the whole iron content thing.  Think they did it on purpose knowing a significant amount of children have low iron counts?  Yeah. 
But I'd suppose I could have thought about the fact that it's a sesame street cereal.  Box advertising, again.  It had no color or dyes or anything, I thought it was on a decent level.  Nothing decent about the taste. .. *sigh

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »
Bea, blackstrap molasses tastes pretty good in milk and it's got lots of iron.  You could use it for muffins or gingersnaps instead if the children don't like it in milk, but I find it pretty tasty.

Hotdogs are generally scary.  I used to eat Hebrew National when I ate them many years ago, but I gave them up.

Aidells makes some decent chicken and turkey sausages.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »
I'll have to give Aidells a look up.

I'll look at Kroger and see if I can't find some of that molasses, I may be able to hide it in their pancakes, but the muffins are a good idea.

Thank you.
He's still good at eating eggs, peanut butter, yogurt, and beans.  He just hates meat.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »
Grandma's molasses is pretty good. I think it's unsulfured.

They sell it in most grocery store chains.  Liver has iron, so does nutritional yeast.

Dark green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach have iron, so do beans that you prep from a dried state (soak them overnight and put a pinch of baking soda in them the next day when you cook them).  Chick peas are especially good.  Maybe you can get him to like hummos.  Raisins have a decent amount of minerals including iron and other trace metals we need, so he might be persuaded to eat them as snacks.  Raisins are good in muffins and they plump up nicely if you let them soak in a little warm water before you add them to the batter (squeeze the excess water out of them before you put them in).

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
That earthobait poo sounds like a good way to give a kid an eating disorder. Why do parents do poo like that?

I told you that cake vodka tastes like candy. Don't know if there is a "Wedding cake" vodka.

Aidells are expensive, and aren't that much better than average sausage.

If your kid has issues eating meat, play up the AWESOMENESS OF THE TYRANOSAURUS.

If your kids play games, explain that the food is their power ups, and that if they don't eat right, they will die.

Maybe leave the death part out? It is true though.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
I read meet ups as meet tups

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »
My mom put pickled beets in the spaghetti last night. Not diced, but sliced into little puck shapes.

It stained the noodles purple. Also she used bow-tie pasta. Not a dish I'd recommend, and I had a bunch of shitty nightmares.

Tonight we just had sausage hot dogs. I'll post that because it ended up really good.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2013, 04:43:21 AM »
Double post? golly it. I must warn people off.

So kraft mac and cheese. Impossible to golly up, right? NO.

Costco canned roast beef. I uncanned it. UNHOLY. smelled like canned tuna. My suggestion was to drain the nasty fluid and fry the meat to hell. OVERRULED.

Should have known it would come to no good.

so mac and cheese, made as normal, not realizing the horror that was to come.

Just don't buy it. Seriously. I puked my guts out. golly that garbage.

It's like tuna mac with projectile vomiting. Fun for all the kids.

Mom dumped the leftovers in the toilet (We do not have a garbage disposal at this house.)

Just don't make this. Seriously.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
Tuna and mac and cheese is actually very good. Especailly if its a day old kraft mac and cheese. Yummy but the tuna has to be cold and the mac hot.