Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 350106 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1935 on: November 30, 2022, 02:47:52 AM »
Chuck needs Bunk.

"Stop being a madam Chuck." Then he chuckles and continues to smoke a cigar, miffing the staff.
"Your kids are gonna hate your ass, stupid"

Then he punches a swan for having an attitude. "fool"

Charles is then hypnotized "fuuuuuuuck"

Bunk smiles. "fool"

Context:
Warning: Nudity, Death

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1936 on: November 30, 2022, 08:23:46 AM »
That would be a much better show.  The link won't allow me to play unless I go to youtube, but I know that scene well.  It was really entertaining.  Bunk sure loves his cigars.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1937 on: January 03, 2023, 03:39:11 PM »
Absolutely loved the world darts championship. Thought I'd miss the BDO competition, but I'm actually glad it's gone!
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #1938 on: January 05, 2023, 10:11:43 AM »
Still can't get enough of TWD.

I may even rewatch it even though I vow never to do that with any show that doessn't contain the words "Star Trek".
I’ve actually finally completed TWD.  I can say, I enjoyed it enough.  I enjoyed the first 8 seasons way more.   I’ll watch it again eventually after I watch some walking dead universe 2023 stuff coming up.
Always with me, I will read the book or comic, and still be able to keep the two apart, almost like two separate movies, but I could understand what you said about LOTR, Six, back when this post from smokes was made.
To keep the Hobbit and LOTR books intact you didn’t watch the films.  I spend a great deal of my time trying to understand ideas and ways that differ from my own, and psychological perspectives, I’m pretty sure it’s doing me good.
Oh, I’m watching Wednesday, the series.  I’m enjoying it, but not sold on the likenesses to my beloved characters.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 10:13:22 AM by Beatrix »

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #1939 on: January 05, 2023, 02:52:10 PM »
Got round to watching the first episode of Cunk on Earth. Damned near wet myself!

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1940 on: January 06, 2023, 06:10:52 AM »
Just binge watched Andor .

Started Yellowstone

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1941 on: January 06, 2023, 07:26:39 PM »
Got round to watching the first episode of Cunk on Earth. Damned near wet myself!

Cunk is pretty funny.  She's got that deadpan dunce thing down cold.

I've been watching The Plague (La Peste), a Spanish drama set in the 14th century.  It's pretty good, although I'm glad I didn't live then as life was pretty grim.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1942 on: January 06, 2023, 11:42:50 PM »
I tried watching the Netflix Series "The Recruit" and while I do like it, the constant backstabbing gave me nightmares.

Oddly enough, there was a 2003 movie called "The Recruit" with Collin Farrell and Al Pachino, it was a good one.

But it also had the weird, "even within the CIA, everyone is backstabbing each other, and telling just enough truth to sell their lies" tone.

I saw a funny meme about Yellowstone, they're selling Yellowstone belt buckles now, and someone wrote "From the same merchandisers that made you a biker gang from Sons of Anarchy" on it.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1943 on: January 07, 2023, 10:52:14 PM »
That is funny.  And it reminds me that I haven't seen any new season of Mayans M.C.  Last time I saw it, everybody was in big trouble.  I kind of wonder if it gets any less grim.  Sons of Anarchy hardly ended on a cheerful note.

We just started watching the Swedish series "The Bridge." which is what "The Tunnel" was based on.  It's good in a deadpan curious way.  Episode 1 was enough to keep our interest.  We really liked The Tunnel.  We streamed it through the local public library website.  The library is amazing.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1944 on: January 09, 2023, 02:36:36 AM »
Finished The Plague tonight.
Pretty dark and stabby, plus plague, so the usual bodily unpleasantness, but it was somehow heartening despite all of that.  Plus it's in Seville, which is gorgeous, although kind of run down in this series, but I'm not complaining.  Spanish Inquisition a bonus, so some people burned at stake as heretics.  I think if your religion is so threatened by unbelievers that you have to light them on fire, there's something basically wrong with your religion.

I'm always looking for something else to watch.  This was enjoyable.

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
« Reply #1945 on: January 09, 2023, 06:09:14 AM »
I’ve been watching some series, Cursed Films and I’ve watched Dark tourism twice now.  Really enjoying Ancient Apocalypse, just finished it actually.
I haven’t watched Mayans MC yet, I enjoyed Sons of Anarchy a lot, so I should give that a go sometime. 
Kids dad was just watching the recruit when I visited Saturday, I’ll probably avoid it for now, although it seemed interesting… I’m going to start the series “Taboo” and I’m hella excited for it.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1946 on: January 09, 2023, 10:00:20 AM »
We really liked Taboo.  Sad that there wasn't a second series.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #1947 on: January 10, 2023, 04:40:59 AM »
We watched a couple of episodes of The Rig last night and initially I found the acting a bit wooden. I'm not sure whether it got better or I just got used to it. Perhaps a bit of both.

I watched those episodes believing that Emily Hampshire was Parker Posey (or vice versa) and, to be totally honest, after researching it I still can't tell them apart?

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1948 on: January 10, 2023, 10:33:43 AM »
I had to look them up.
I'm surprised their mothers can tell them apart.
Kind of like Mark Strong and Stanley Tucci.

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #1949 on: January 10, 2023, 03:25:48 PM »
--dweez