Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 333649 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1680 on: July 30, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »
The video appears to be unavailable in Puerto Rico.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1681 on: July 31, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
It's a clip from what we do in the shadows.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1682 on: August 01, 2020, 02:47:59 AM »
Just got through the first season of "Sinner" and I'm now a big fan. However, that might be to do with Bill Pullman as his character was fascinating.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1683 on: August 01, 2020, 10:42:16 AM »
It's a clip from what we do in the shadows.

Understood.  It's surprising what's not available here.  I've watched the whole series so far and found it pretty entertaining.  Haven't seen Sinner yet, but I'll give it a try as I'm in quarantine for 10 days with little to do but read and watch tv, so this may be another good form of entertainment.

We are watching River and really like it.  It's a 2015 BBC detective show that should have had more than one season, but it's only 6 parts. We have one more episode and that's it.  Sad.  I am often surprised by the BBC's decisions to stop productions of good shows.  If memory serves Lewis had to move to ITV or somewhere else due to these peculiar administrative decisions.  I think maybe Inspector Morse did the same.  You guys probably have more insight into the history of how these decisions get made.  Any light that could be thrown on the issue would be appreciated.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1684 on: August 08, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »
Balthazar, French forensic pathologist who is hunky and smart.  On the side, he's attempting to find the serial killer who snuffed his wife.  He works with beautiful blonde detective whose husband is busy having adulterous relationships and who has two teenaged children.  Of course, there is sexual tension that develops between them. Pretty entertaining, in general.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1685 on: August 22, 2020, 11:04:00 AM »
A Place to Call Home.  Aussie soap opera.  My husband was watching this on public tv in San Francisco, and since we can stream it here, we are watching it.

The most outlandish Latin American telenovelas have nothing on this melodrama.  It has the typical cast of characters:  virtuous doctors, landholders with political aspirations, corrupt businessmen, star crossed lovers, and the usual Cruella DaVille type scheming female evil woman who manages to get naive good man to marry her.  This is pretty entertaining.  We like to conjecture as to what will happen next.

Either it's campy and fun or we are extremely bored and have a low threshold for entertainment values at this point.  You be the judge.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #1686 on: August 25, 2020, 03:10:41 PM »
The TNG and I have waded through Snowpiercer and now only have a couple of eps left.

It's a bit weird and sometimes doesn't make much sense, but it was good fodder for a cross-generational watch.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1687 on: August 26, 2020, 12:14:45 AM »
I never heard of that show, but it sounds intriguing.  I am often looking for new things to watch.  Someone suggested Gentleman Jack.  Has anyone seen it?  I generally like Surname Jones, but it sounds a bit chick flicky to me.

My husband explained the origins of the term, "jumped the shark" to me.  Fonzie in Happy Days on water skis accomplishing the acrobatic feats.  I didn't like that show very much and it rapidly went downhill.  American Graffiti was ok, but that kind of nostalgia never did much for me.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1688 on: August 26, 2020, 12:43:01 AM »
Gangs of London  haven't  been this gripped since Game of Thrones, Don't normally series binge but I have with this.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1689 on: August 26, 2020, 06:39:07 AM »
Thanks to both of you.  The Gangs of London series looks intriguing so we'll give it a try.  I suspect I'd probably have the same reaction to Gentleman Jack, as we weren't particularly impressed with Scott & Bailey, another Surname Jones show.  The local isps seem to block any file sharing apps here so I'll see where I can access it, or save it for later.  These are both too new to be on the local public library offerings and amazon prime seems to like to offer us shows to watch only for the sheer joy of telling us "not available in your region." 

Offline dweez

• Global Moderator
  • Q
  • Rebel Mod
« Reply #1690 on: August 26, 2020, 07:15:11 AM »
Since you weren't aware of the TV series 6pair, just wanted you to know there is also a Snowpiercer movie with Chris Evans. It got mostly bad reviews (IIRC) but I really enjoyed it and recently re-watched it.

Snowpiercer (2013)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
--dweez

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1691 on: August 27, 2020, 12:15:54 AM »
Since you weren't aware of the TV series 6pair, just wanted you to know there is also a Snowpiercer movie with Chris Evans. It got mostly bad reviews (IIRC) but I really enjoyed it and recently re-watched it.

Snowpiercer (2013)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706620/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
I did also, intriguing film

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1692 on: August 27, 2020, 08:20:47 AM »
The film has a great cast.  I checked and it's not available via my library or for free on amazon prime, so I'll probably wait until I get home to watch it.  But it looks promising, so I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
« Reply #1693 on: August 29, 2020, 03:54:09 PM »
No more episodes of The Sinner left so I'm a little sad. Good news is that season 4 is on order!

Hurry up already.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1694 on: September 05, 2020, 06:13:27 PM »
Boys season 2 is not living up to the first season, but one of the "supes" this season is literally named "STORMFRONT" and in the comic, that was kind of a big deal for obvious reasons.

If I was bringing someone in to the show, I would definitely NOT recommend starting with S2. There have been a lot of slow "filler" scenes that seem like they were intended to be character building, but instead seem like "We spent the budget on other parts of the episode, so now we're having two characters have a chat in a room with no windows"

And they spend too much time with rapist aquaman. They kill off super powered characters CONSTANTLY on this show. Why can't they kill him?

Another annoyance is the release schedule. Amazon likes to pretend their shows are real TV shows, right down to weekly episode releases. I had intended to watch S2 once it had come out, but spoilers are being shotgunned at me, so I watched the episodes that were available.

Seriously, Google, stop bless'ed spoiling EVERYTHING!  From UFC fights to Movies, they love to ruin the ending.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 06:14:58 PM by 8ullfrog »