Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing?  (Read 57136 times)

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
Re: What video game(s) are you playing?
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2016, 10:09:38 AM »
Brick, 2 and 3 hae guardian angel, which is the mission you mention. It's easy as poo. Shoot the engine blocks instead of trying to plink the enemies.

The rocket launcher and car bit, always aim behind peirce.

I finally got to SR IV. Holy poo! It's like they took every 80's/90's blockbuster and jammed it together, the killbots even drag themselves along if you blow their spine out. It's true dedication.

Keith David is there, so maybe I can take out some aggression on the aliens from they live later.

I was under the misconception that the presidency was simulated, but it isn't!

So many memorable missions... and the shitty bless'ed pipe hacking from bioshit.

Yes, I know it's a homage to an older game. No, I don't give a golly. I actually preferred grinding and buying the stores in SR 3, it was like playing monopoly!

I just played through an MI6 agent's fanfic of a shitty vampire show. That is something I never thought I'd type, and I hope it's not too spoilery.

One thing I really like is you get to play all the good parts of those movies, and skip the boring messiah saga of self sacrifice... well, when you aren't mocking the poo out of it.

Seriously, the wachowski siblings poo the bed with those matrix sequels.

There was one poo mission, I believe it was called ufo frenzy, I'm finding myself avoiding vehicles.

I also hit a showstopper bug where a specific mission didn't load because I crossed an invisible checkline too quickly.

There were no tips to fix it, and many admonishments to people experiencing bugs in the game, apparently some self appointed justice league members are SURE it's piracy, but I'll post my fix here.

1) started the mission from the ship (you'll know it when you see it)
I WALKED to the bar. (Broken sheleighleigh) is a madam to spell. No sprinting, no NOS in the car, just gate to bar at a sedate pace.

And then the mission loaded.

Other than that, seriously enjoying the game, and avoiding spoilers is hard. If you can go in knowing as little as possible, you will be rewarded.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2016, 07:01:06 AM »
I'm playing METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain

Just finished the Prologue: Awakening. Kojima gone wild.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
Dumped a 15hr save on fo3 because doc hoff ggot ganked, started over and used a guide.

Specifically, he said to go all fives (unmodified) for special, but take int to 9, because that will allow for the maximum number of skill points before perks.

Then you make a blind run from the vault to rivet, not fighting anyone, because you are avoiding leveling. I had a hell of a time with that because of raiders and talon mercs, had to use precious stim packs to survive.

Once you get to rivet, you head down to the lab and snag the intelligence bobblehead, which automatically maxes your intellitence to 10.

At that point the guide cuts you loose, only advising the educated perk.

I died a lot, because I was used to wandering the mojave with maxed out stats and weapons.

I also stumbled a bit because I was used to some weapons mods and repair kits. I am not enjoying having to carry around a nearly busted sniper rifle until I can afford a repair worker. At least in NV I could tote a pair of binocs.

Ah well, I AM having fun back in the wastes.

And I'm sorry, I know Kojima pushed the boundaries on phantom, but it's hard to say it's Kojima gone wild, given PT and Norman reedus vs. Flying sludge space babies.

I have a subscription to a game magazine where all the praised japanese developers (except  Miyamoto) bitched about people telling them to dumb down their weird poo

Hideki Kamiya talked about the hell of American focus groups, and how much he hated the spoiled little shits who hated viewtiful joe.

Someone really does need to let Kajima off the chain. I really wish konami and their pachinko cowpoo the worst.

And I loved konami games. For them to just shitcan all their goodwill and turn into the shitshow they are now is just baffling.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2016, 05:46:57 PM »
It sucks that Death Stranding is going to be a PS4 exclusive. I blame Konami for Kojima going to PlayStation. That naffs the PC players, and X1 players too.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »
I'm playing Angel Sword on Android.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2016, 03:36:16 PM »
My daughter bought ARK: Survival Evolved for the old woman and me. It's brutal in the beginning.

I'm trying to make a dedicated server so we don't have to play with randoms.

I got the private server going but no one can join me yet.

I have the ports forwarded and I think I opened them in my firewall. If it wasn't frustrating I probably wouldn't be doing it. :-\

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2016, 01:36:40 AM »
Saw gears 2 and borderlands 2 at goodwill, but I'm broooooke.

Might fire up aoe and just space out harvesting resources. I've managed to spend hours playing the c&c generals demo. I cut the chemical munitions factory off and capture the oil refineries. Somehow the minarets always get knocked down, whoops.

It's like a republican fantasy of how the last two wars were "supposed" to go down.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2016, 03:54:31 PM »
Mad Max is going for $4.99 at Bundle Stars. I enjoyed that game.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2017, 05:23:21 AM »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2017, 07:08:35 AM »
Wasn't ME2 the last ea game on steam before origin became a requirement? I remember reinstalling Sims 3 after an update tried to jam the precursor to origin into my machine (EA download manager)

It's funny, I used to love ea games and ubisoft games, now they might as well be malware.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2017, 09:13:33 AM »
I played the 3 Mass Effect games on the 360. I'm not sure I want to replay ME2. :-\

Origin sucks but a free game...

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »
I have 2 on steam, and I found the controls a bit better on PC, never got past eden prime on 360.  But yeah, the matrix endingS can suck it. Honestly, I wouldnxt have minded if the reapers just bent off after the first one. Wouldn't have minded a bit of fighter pilot time in that universe, I liked driving the maco off into nowhere in 1.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2017, 06:24:25 PM »
I'm playing Gears of War 4 on PC. My gal wants to play it with her son. It's a decent game (Same old Gears) but I had to buy a Xbox Live GOLD Subscription just for her to play online and the game cost $60.00. It's cross play with Windows 10 and he plays on a Xbone. I reckon it's worth it to her to play with her son. I'm glad my daughter and grandson play on PC where you don't have to pay to play online and games are so much cheaper.

He asked me if her PC would play the game. I had to laugh since he's playing on a console. "Does it have at least 2GB of VRAM?" Ahh, yeah it has 8GB of VRAM. "Does it have at least 4GB of system memory?" Yeah, it has 16GB...

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
Didn't EPIC say gears was off pc forever after the first pc port?

One thing you might find interesting, microsoft was only going to put 256 mb of memory in the 360, but EPIC talked them into 512 with two demos, each designed around the memory limitations. The 512 demo became gears.

Right  now I'm pissed off because I want to play an RTS, and they're on disk instead of steam. I don't want to dig!

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2017, 10:29:46 PM »
Didn't EPIC say gears was off pc forever after the first pc port?

Microsoft is trying to get back into the PC game market with cross-play Xbone & Windows 10 PCs.