Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing?  (Read 57087 times)

Offline Beatrix

• Cro-Magnon
Re: What video game(s) are you playing?
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »
Dragon age Inquisition and Pottery

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2017, 02:15:19 AM »
Gat out of hell was a lot of fun, but it was stupid short, and should not have been a standalone release.

I chose the retcon ending, which turns Johnny Gat into a cop, leaving everyone but kinzie kensington, Matt Miller, and Johnny Gat in limbo. Seeing as a good portion of the game is devoted to saving the president of the united states, it wasn't what I was hoping for.

Dane vogel, a former antagonist, never double crosses you, which really does make the game feel unfinished. As gat out of hell is the latest installment in the saints row series, one is left wondering if this was a goodbye to the franchise.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2017, 03:51:49 PM »
I can't believe that my life is such that I cannot even imagine having time to play a game. I have so many stacked up, but I think they'll have to wait for my retirement.

First one who says "not long now then" is banned.

Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2017, 07:35:04 AM »
I'm doing the xkcd thing, playing games years later. Just started skyrim on 360, and my stock breton is Tony F'in stark, right out of the cave. I didn't know I had the fire spell (hands were bound) so my first spell was spark. Now I just need to paint iron armor red, and I'm there!

I have been playing a lot of lumines on the refurb psp I bought. They gave me a bunk battery, so I'm using one out of my old, dead psp, but even then the battery life is a dice roll. Sometimes I get eight hours, others two. I miss the days of double A portable gaming. That being said, I charged my DS lite ONCE and it started up years later.

There are mobile lumines games, but giving up the physical controls seems weird.

Finally, I've got stock sims 3 up on the laythy box, and I am a lazy sim.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »
Got my ARK: Survival Evolved server up and running. Playing the hell out of it with my daughter, her old man and my old lady.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:29:47 PM by brickbatz »

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2017, 10:23:55 PM »
Scorpions are not dinosaurs, they're demons straight from hell, like spiders, or lobsters.

I am digging the brutal kills in skyrim, it's like they said, "hey, we don't have vats, let's make up for it by having the pc break bandits sternums with a knee and punch a dagger through his eye."

Taking down a dragon was less epic than I wanted it to be, but I got a minion out of the deal.

Half way to not having to hobo it up in helgen!

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2017, 01:35:52 AM »
Scorpions are not dinosaurs, they're demons straight from hell, like spiders, or lobsters.

No, but there are dinosaurs in the game.

Are you playing the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition? Came free on PC if you owned the original and the DLCs.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2017, 03:13:51 AM »
I want to play Zelda, I hear it's amazing but the Switch is not and I can think of little reason to own a Wii u.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2017, 12:29:04 PM »
I bought a Wii to play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and didn't regret it. Don't know if I want to pay $360.00 + tax (7% here - $20.20) for the Switch and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. :-\

$380.00 is a lot of money for one game.

Offline Alfonz

• Homo Erectus
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
I also have been seeing a lot of issues with the Switch itself. I'd consider a used Wii or Wii u.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2017, 11:16:57 PM »
I'm bless'ed pissed they went squidfuck with the controller again. I skipped n64 because playstation slayed the poo out of their controller.

Gamecube had a bless'ed stupid controller too.

The second wii classic controller wasn't bad, but it was too light, especially at the price point they went with. They could have filled the interior with delicious chinese lead for that much money.

But the whole "dead pixels are to be expected" announcement was horseshit. I'd flat out return it if I got one with dead pixels. I'd say it didn't turn on.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2017, 05:06:38 AM »
There's a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for around $70.00 (USD).

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2017, 08:41:16 AM »
Which joins the hoarde in removing bless'ed start and select. Le stupid generation.

Offline brickbatz

• Cro-Magnon
  • Politically Incorrect
« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2017, 02:14:54 AM »
I played a pirated version of Fallout: New Vegas years ago. I just bought Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (all the DLC) on Steam. Can't remember if I ever finished it. I think I couldn't pick a faction and quit.

Offline mishca09

• Q
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2017, 10:08:46 PM »
But skyrim legendary editor at wally world for 10 bucks. Haven't played yet. Hope I like it