Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 206869 times)

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1860 on: January 14, 2022, 09:11:14 PM »
Has anyone watched Sense8?  I'm leery of it after reading about it and the related reviews.  It's a science fiction series.  I'd welcome any input before I bother getting access to it.  I think it was on Netflix.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1861 on: January 14, 2022, 11:16:39 PM »
I've heard mostly negative responses to it, but the Wachowski's really loved it. (It's their show)

I do find it interesting they wrote the Stallone/Banderas movie Assasins. They tried to get their names removed after a rewrite.

ooh, nice, I found the original script!

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/assassins_early.html

Huh, for once the rewrite was right.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:57:19 AM by 8ullfrog »

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1862 on: January 15, 2022, 08:29:01 AM »
Thanks for that 8ully.  I watched about 20 minutes last night before I got the urge to hurl things at the screen.  The first 30 seconds treated me to heavy handed music, bad acting and even worse writing.  Some guy in the Village Voice who was giving a lukewarm review to the most recent Matrix movie recommended this.

I won't trust him again.  Ick.

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1863 on: January 16, 2022, 01:58:37 AM »
Yeah, If you read that script I linked, you'll learn the wachowski's have a well they like to tap. It's not all that deep. Assasins was actually a twofer deal when WB bought The Matrix.

The siblings also fetishize Asian culture. It's creepy.

My favorite streaming site came back so I'm watching Invincible. I was expecting superhero punch-em-up, and it's certainly got that,

But the first episode opens with two security guards talking about life, and it was a surprisingly deep scene about one of the guards marrying a woman and rehabilitating her son, who was a criminal delinquent. He talks about his frustrations, and the hard work he put in to put the kid on the right path.

Then we get the superhero punchup and its revealed they're at the white house. It's neat.

The superhero fight scenes are set to super slick music, and I really dig it. I think you said something about having prime, and it's on there.

I know a lot of people don't like so called "cape poo" but it's got JK Simmons! He's good in everything!