Author Topic: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?  (Read 333587 times)

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
Re: What's your favourite TV program of the moment?
« Reply #1875 on: February 07, 2022, 10:04:12 PM »
Discussing circumvention of advertisements may not be illegal yet, but it is frowned upon.

...Just a general statement.

some of the best TV I watch are these adverts  ;D ;D

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1876 on: February 08, 2022, 02:05:59 AM »
Sadly, the ads on amazon  prime are not very interesting, and they are lengthy and frequent.  It became oppressive.  I just had to stop watching even though I liked the show.

I'm watching Casa de Papel/Money Heist and it's pretty compelling.  Just about to finish Season 1.  Some of it's predictable, but there's plenty of intrigue and curious characters to drive the plot forward, so it's hard to get bored.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1877 on: February 15, 2022, 12:30:29 AM »
Watched " Louis Theroux’s Forbidden America "
After helping as friend who has had atrocious Racial problems at his work, this attitude doesn't surprise me just made me F/ing angry.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1878 on: February 15, 2022, 11:33:49 PM »
Finished "Black Summer"  episode 7 of second series had me such suspense, young girl walking around the lodge.
The end led into another series, I would guess.
Poor Spears  :o

Offline 8ullfrog

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1879 on: February 16, 2022, 01:42:11 AM »
I'm a member on an absolutely horrid site, but they make fun of IP2 and YOBA, which I believe are subjects in that documentary.

IP2 is a spinoff of ice posidon, an absolute shitler who livestreamed his day to day life, but was an absolute C* C*, punt about it.

He got banned from just about every platform because his fans are as toxic as he is.

IP2 are the dregs of THAT.

Antony Gionett, or "Baked Alaska" is even worse. On such scumbag sites, one might say he "glows in the dark" because he was at 1/6 in Pelosi's office, and has yet to be prosecuted for it.

Whatever his usefulness to federal prosecutors, he blew it by being yet another shitler, pepper spraying a bouncer, and essentially anyone who startled him.

I'll admit, I was a bit torn on that one. The bouncer screamed directly in fat alaska's ear, which deserved some retribution, but the judge considered the "content spray" a felonious assault.

If Antony DOES have a get of jail free pass, his handlers must be very tired of him using it.

I'll not link to the site, as I don't want any of you guys thinking less of me. It's an absolute cesspool.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1880 on: February 22, 2022, 02:48:04 PM »
Watching a couple of shows at the moment that are quite good. The first is Yellowjackets which seemed interesting in familiar ways, but as it's gone on it's become far more creepy which was pretty unexpected. It does leave it a little confused as there are at least 3 main plots running simultaneously, and beneath this there are a range of sub-plots that you could probably do without.

The other show is The Girl Before and I realise that I may be a little late to the party of this one as I saw the cast on many talk shows around Christmas time, but it is quite intriguing so far and I'd definitely recommend it to those who may have also missed the boat a little, like me.
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1881 on: February 22, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »
Thanks, smokes.  I've been landlocked, myself, lately, so missing my share of boats.
I'll check these out as I'm fast running out of stuff to watch again.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1882 on: June 25, 2022, 11:58:16 PM »
Just finished Casa de Papel again.  It stands up to a second viewing.
Watching Barry, a black comedy with lots of gunfire.
For relief after all the bullets, we kick back with old Beavis and scoundrel episodes.

Offline goldshirt*9

• Super Hero
  • Who yous looking ats
« Reply #1883 on: June 26, 2022, 06:22:32 AM »
Started watching Glastonbury, either my TV sound is bad or most of the singers were bad.
Gave up in the end

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1884 on: August 04, 2022, 10:27:40 AM »
Paris:  a clever mini series with multiple interwoven plots where disparate characters all have some connection to one another, reminiscent of Pulp Fiction or 6 degrees of separation.  Six episodes.  We are about halfway in now, but it's engaging and there are some fine veteran French actors in the cast.  Well worth watching.

Offline smokester

• Administrator
  • Q
  • Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo!
« Reply #1885 on: August 04, 2022, 03:38:21 PM »
We're watching "From" at the moment but, regardless of the denials, I think it's just a revamped "Lost".
Don't put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after.

There is an exception to every rule, apart from this one.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1886 on: August 10, 2022, 05:38:50 PM »
Watching False Flag, an Israeli series about 5 people who suddenly find themselves accused of having kidnapped and possibly assassinated an Iranian diplomat.  It's pretty compelling watching that is not without a sense of humor.  It's strange that it's on Fox, Israel.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1887 on: August 11, 2022, 10:46:58 AM »
Quite enjoying the nostalgia of CSI Vegas.

I used to enjoy that series.  The one in Miami was a bit much, but the Vegas one was respectable.  I never watched the CSI-NYC version.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1888 on: August 18, 2022, 01:23:03 AM »
Chausee d'Amour is an entertaining Belgian series about a woman who must leave her philandering husband and who goes from riches to relatively straitened circumstances with her 2 kids when she has to move in over a brothel.  The characters are pretty entertaining and the plot has enough twists to keep one entertained.

Offline 6pairsofshoes

• Homo Superior
« Reply #1889 on: August 23, 2022, 01:50:46 AM »
Just watched "House of the Dragon."  K-mart version of GoT. 
I can't decide what I dislike more, Matt Smith's character's heavy handed Snidley Whiplash bad guy or the terrible dye job.  He looks disturbingly strange as a blonde, kind of like someone was shooting for the effect of LoTR Elf but missed by a mile.  I suspect Daemon Targaryen spends his days off tearing the last page out of Agatha Christie novels or pulling the wings off of flies.
And then we have Daeneyrs Targaryen liteTM aka Rhaenyra T., ancestor to the more fleshed out version from GoT.  Most of this seems so sadly derivative that it's hard to imagine it will be good.  They really like to give the blood and guts special effects people work, too.

Spoiler (hover to show)

One reviewer's take on it in the New York Times
My weariness with parts of it is tied to a more general weariness with media conglomerates endlessly flogging their profitable intellectual property. (Marvel’s “She-Hulk” premiered Thursday; “Lord of the Rings” and “Andor,” the latest “Star Wars” series, arrive next month.) It can all feel like a streaming content pharma ad: “Do you recognize the elements of thrilling drama but still feel malaise while watching it? You may be suffering from franchise fatigue …”